RE: P-Chip

At 03:08 AM 7/31/97 UT, you wrote:
>Your warranty is only void if a problem occurs with your engine that can be
>attributed to a modification that you made without there being any doubt.
>This is a federal law.

bulletins could either be product updates or service action campaigns.
There is a campaign on 4cyl Golfs,Jettas,Passats that involve replacement
of the ECM. Most of these repairs are done when your car is brought in for
routine maintenance. A good service advisor will check each car for open
campaigns. If your car has an open campaign "Bingo" there goes your ECM.
When you leave the dealership and notice a decrease in performance are you
going to go back and tell the Service Manager that the ECM taking out of
your car was "modified"

Don