Volkswagen sob stories (was)My '97 GLX joke (a long tale)

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     The attatched details my problems with my Jetta GLX and the run ins I
     have had with VW.  All the same things apply for me also, I am a young
     college grad, first car, biggest purchase, treated like shit from the
     dealers repair departments and VoA doesn't give a shit either.  You
     may recall the survey for the ignition switch probs that went out 2
     weeks ago, that was me, I sent all of your responses to VW with a
     letter,and my repair reciepts and what I got back was a "Fuck You"
     letter from Volkswagen of America.  Not a big surprise considering
     others stories and my past experience.  Now it is time for me to
     regroup and find a new angle to get back at VW.
     andy

Item Subject: volk5x.rtf 7/30/97 11:39A
Volkswagen sobstories:

3-28-97*          1995 Jetta GLX delivered Manufactured 7-94
4-28-97*    Problems: Power Door locks inoperable, Alarm won't arm
            intermittently, Engine dies at first stop after engine
            started cold, Rattle in driver's door, Brakes make moaning
            noise

            Fix: Lock pump/control unit failed modify central locking
            system, replace power door lock vacuum pump, Alarm hood
            switch replaced, Preformed basic setting adj., rattle not
            verified, break noise is normal

 5-10-95*   Problems: Trunk carpet liner loose pin clips missing,
            intermittent wipers won't adjust, drivers seat heater
            inoperable

            Fix: Replace missing trunk trim clips, wipers switch
            defective, bad connection to seat heater relay

9-14-95*    Problem: Grinding noise from steering turning, radio volume
            knob will not stay on, brake-waring light comes on

            Fix: horn button spiral replaced, new radio knob, brake
                        fluid low, fill

10-3-95*    Problem: scraping squeaking noise at steering column when
            turning, dashboard fog light indicator light intermittent

            Fix: Replace air bag spiral spring assembly, light switch
            defective replaced

1-08-96*    Problem: brakes are noisy when backing, steering wheel has *
            inch of play

            Fix: brake noise cannot be verified at this time, steering
            shaft is loose form shaft to rack and pinion shaft R&R.

1-10-96*    Problem: car pulls to the right since tire rotation,
            intermittent wipers won't adjust

            Fix: tires rotated back, replace windshield wiper interval
            relay

6-07-96*     Problem: engine runs hot, don't hear cooling fan come on,
            transmition hard to shift into 1st and 2nd

            Fix: TJ radiator cooling fan recall, shifting checked cannot
      verify at this time

8-08-96*    Problem: Climate control fan switch doesn't work at setting
            #1, Rough engine idle

            Fix: Fault fan switch replaced, rough idle cannot be
            verified at this time

11-26-96*   Problem: Water leaking into passenger compartment from moon
            roof

            Fix: replaced seal and moon roof shade

12-28-96*   Problem: Air conditioning not blowing cold air, rough engine
            idle, grind between 1st and 2nd shifting

            Fix: A/C leaked coolant tighten shrade valve add coolant,
            transmition needs work

12-30-96*   Problem: rough shifting, rough idle, motor oil leak

            Fix: rebuild transmition replace 1st, 2nd synchros 2nd gear
            all seals etc., replace ignition wires, reseal engine oil
            cooler.

2-7-97*     Problem: rough engine idle, MPG drop

            Fix: checked error codes none, could not duplicate

2-18-97*    Problem: engine idles rough

            Fix: B+ harness failed, replaced, replace alternator harness

2-25-97*    Problem: engine idles rough, clutch makes moaning noise
            under load

            Fix: reset basic engine settings, could not duplicate clutch
            noise

3-19-97*    Problem: rough idle, headlights dim when brakes are pressed
            or turn signals used, would not start, clutch noise, moon
            roof rattle

            Fix: could not verify at this time

3-21-97*    Problem: rough engine idle, same symptoms as above

            Fix: Checked and replaced B+ connector to battery no further
            problems

7-09-97*    Problem: ignition switch is not starting car

            Fix: replace electric portion of ignition switch, replace
            housing and key section

7-14-97*    Sent letter to VoA in regards to paying for replacement
            ignition switch, including above repair receipts, and
            internet correspondence in regards to others having the same
            failure.  Letter was sent to the President of VoA, Customer
            Care, Product Compliance, the BBB, and KCBS call for action.
7-28-97*    received "Tuff Shit" letter from VoA.

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text