Re: Stereos

The current Blau stuff isn't too bad.  They have 3v preouts (that
doesn't matter if you are using just the head units amp).  Personally I
am a devoted fan of Eclipse Equipment.  The come with 3yr warranty and
the company has the philosophy of just refusing to build cheap
equipment.  I have a 5331 cd-headunit and it cost me $300.  It retailed
for around $400 when I bought it but I got "hooked up".  The Blau will
serve you well with the stock speakers...You might consider and amp it
will definately help out (Do NOT use a Blau amp...They are good amps but
way overpriced).  Hope this helps out....  Oh I now have a photo of
Chris' Zer Cup Spoiler on my web site so go ahead and check it
out...It's under the INFORMATION/PHOTOS/A3JETTA....Or just consult the
site map...it'll take you right to it.  The ChatRoom is up!  The message
board/registry coding is done (thank god) and hopefully the stupid FTP
server will wake up and left me upload it...Hey if anyone has extra web
space let me know...I might eventually need a place to store stuff...I
currently have about 40 megs and have used about 5-7megs but I could see
it growing really fast...gotta plan for the future..ESPECIALLY when the
message boards come on up and running...

- -Mark
Vw Jetta Homepage
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~radelow/index.html

Mark
VW Jetta Homepage
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~radelow/index.html

>Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 18:30:24 -0500
>From: "S. Joseph Mann" <joem@pswtech.com>
>To: "jettaglx@igtc.COM" <jettaglx@igtc.com>
>Subject: Stereos
>
>Hello Folks,
>
>I've recently ordered, both, a Clarion CDC635 6 disc CD changer ($300)
>for the factory Premium sound system and a Blaupunkt Aspen head unit
>with a 10 CD changer ($500). Both from Crutchfield. I chose the
>Blaupunkt head unit because it most closely matches the interior
styling
>of my 95 GLX. I will choose witch one I wish to keep after I hear both
>of them.
>
>First, I was wondering what personal opinions you guys have of the
>Current Blaupunkt line?
>Second, I was wondering what the existing configuration is of the 1995
>factory Premium Sound system. I've heard that part of it may have
active
>speakers on top of the 12 watts the factory head unit puts out.
>Finally, any general advise or information about the factory GLX
Premium