helpful list?

Has anyone put together a not too technical list of performance tuning
that we can all use on our GLX's and the relative costs for these?
This would be very helpful for those of us who are relative laymen when
it comes to car performance enhancements, but want to get the most out
of our cars. I'd rather trust owners than my dealer! Maybe there are
articles out there that give step by step answers, but I haven't found
them (I'm currently waiting for my first issue of European Car).