Bose Stereo

After all the talk last week about stereos for the GLX, I thought I would
relate my story also.

I was to have had an Eclipse CD/head unit installed until a discovery
killed that idea. It seems the factory Bose amp will only work well with
the factory head unit (Pannasonic). To make things happen with the Eclipse
(or any aftermarket unit) an FM modulator  ($100) would have been needed to
communicate through the amp (reduces sound quality). My other option was to
replace both the head unit and amp but since sound quality was not the
issue, all I wanted was the cd option, I chose not to do it.

Instead, I opted to install a Pannasonic 6-disk changer. I'm still not in
the clear though. After bringing it home, routing the cables so it will
mount under the rear decking and drilling the mounting plate, I found that
I still have to get an adapter to make the cable to cable connections.

The factory wiring is what the Pannasonic has on the radio side, 2 RCA's
and a DIN connector. The cd-player needs a single DIN input connector. The
factroy wiring seems to be the exact reverse of the Pannasonic cable.

- -just thought you might want to know

Dave Rizzolo
97 GLX - black w/black leather