Brake Fluid Changing Experience...

Hi,

Well, I said a few weeks ago that I would post my experience when I finally got
around to changing my brake fluid.  Last week, I finally received my ATE Super
Blue Racing fluid, and this weekend, I finally had enough time to do it.

I had at one time planned on using a pressurized brake bleeder system, which
attaches to the master cylinder.  But, I could never find one, and I ran out of
patience trying to make one.  After talking with a tech guy at Velocity, he
suggested doing it the "old fashioned" way (having a helper pump the pedal),
but to do the rear with the key on, and that the ABS would cycle and pump the
fluid through.

Here's how it went for me:  I siphoned the old fluid (most of it) out of the
master cylinder (instead of trying to get it all out through the bleeder
valves) with a hand pump, and then topped it off with the Super Blue.  Then I
went to the first wheel (right rear).  Attached the hose, had my helper turn
the car on, pump the pedal, hold it...  Then I opened the valve.  The pedal
went to the floor, brake fluid came out for a few seconds, but once the pedal
was all the way down, no more brake fluid came out.  THE ABS NEVER CYCLED!
 Tried this with key off, key on, car running, and the results were always the
same.

SO... I ended up doing the whole procedure manually.  It took quite a while for
the fluid coming out of the right rear to turn blue.  Then, I did the left rear
(still took quite a while, but not as long), right front, and left front.
 (Kept topping off the master cylinder each time.)

Now, I can't tell any difference in my brakes.  They felt a little squishy
before hand, and they still feel a little squishy.  But, I think that's b/c
I've got 45k miles on the pads, and my tires are worn.

I'm going to call Velocity today, and figure out why my ABS never cycled.  I'm
not sure if the tech guy I talked to new the year of my car.  I've got a '95
GLX with the older (Teves 04) ABS system, not the newer (Teves 20) system.

Dave