Re: double-speed left blinker

     It's a simple problem, the timer that control blinking is in the relay
     and it is probably bad. Just have it replaced under warranty.
     andy

Subject: Re: double-speed left blinker
Author:  Non-HP-tfp (tfp@tsil.net) at HP-PaloAlto,mimegw6
Date:    7/8/97 1:09 PM

At 10:08 PM 7/6/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Just got my '97 Jetta GLX (Red) in April, its been great but just
>had a little problem come up, the left blinker now blinks at
>double speed.  The light still comes on, its just twice as fast.
>Any suggestions?
I HAVE 97 BLACK GLX... NO BLINKER PROBLEMS.... JUST MY DAMN IGNITION LEY
WON'Y WORK RIGH A LOT OF TIMES!!! IT'S NOT THE KEY CAUSE THE OTHER KEYS DO
THE SAME. I'VE SAT IN MY CAR FOR UP TO 20 MINUTES TRYING TO GET THE F'ING
THING STARTED. THE DEALER SAID IT'S FINE AND THAT THEY LUBRICATED IT....  ??????

ANWAY, I'M A HAM RADIO OPERATOR AND WHEN I WOULD TRANSMIT ON 440MHz, I WOULD
ALSO CAUSE MY BLINKER TO FLIP AT DOUBLE SPEED IN MY HONDA. THERE WAS NOTHING
I COULD DO TO PREVENT IT... EXCEPT NOT TALK WHEN THE BLINKER WAS ON OR ELSE
JUST IGNORE IT. IT WORKED FINE OTHERWISE!!!

DO YOU HAVE A RADAR JAMMER or DETECTOR... POSSIBLY ANOTHER RF EMITTING
DEVICE? CHECK THAT!.

Thom