Dealer inspections (was Bose system light)

Jayrham Chulani wrote:

> Dealers inspect the cars?  Ha!  I think they wait for the first customer
> to do that.

Very true!  I'm sad to say that the delivery quality of both of our
Saturns (the cars before the VWs) was much, MUCH better than the 2 Jetta
GLXs (from two different dealers). On an off-note, the paint on those
Saturns was REALLY good too!  Besides the problems with various things
mechanical on the VWs, I think my dealer waxed the car with Comet or
Lava or something before I got it -- jeez!

Oh well, now in my hands, my GLX is doing quite well, thank you -- no
more dealer visits for her for awhile :).

- -erik

> When I first got my GLX (before I hit 3k miles), it actually
> ran 4 quarts low on oil!!!  Where did the oil go?  No one knows.  So far
> the engine seems to be holding up pretty good and I love it.

Ouch!

- -erik