Re: BUG in Cruise Control on 97 GLX?!?

At 10:38 PM -0500 12/29/97, Garret wrote:

>>Actually, what he's saying is that HE'S ALREADY _IN_ NEUTRAL when he
>engages
>>the cruise.
>>
>After reading all the threads on this subject I'm still try to figure out
>this discussion. I understand how the question was raised but in reality is
>this 'problem' going to occur with any kind of frequency at all? Is there
>really any place besides the freeway where we are going to use cruise
>control? And if so, what kind of situation would I be in where I would be in
>neutral on the freeway? Whenever I do go into neutral I use the clutch,
>which would cancel the cruise. Is there something I'm missing here?

Not missing anything, I just thought they might have considered the
possibility and protected the extremely stupid from themselves. Cars are
generally expensive, but not expensive enough to keep them out of reach of
morons. ;)

- -Khan

Khan Klatt					   khan@pacificrim.net
Pacific Rim Network, Inc.			    (360) 650-0442 x13
http://www.khan.org			     http://www.pacificrim.net

       A member of the VERIO group of Internet Service Providers