Steel Wheels

I remember a while back someone putting up a pic of their GTI with
steel wheels and Passat covers.  My question is where can I get
steel wheels for my GLX.  I understand that our brakes get in the
way of most wheels so which ones fit on GTI/GLX?

I'd like to get two sets (one winter and one summer) but shy of
finding a wrecked GTI/GLX and buying the VW wheels, how should I
proceed?  I don't want to dop major cash and I don't want my car to
look like shit for 4 months of the year.  Steel wheels with Passat
covers might be the best answer.

Cheers,

- ---
Jeff Newton