Re: BUG in Cruise Control on 97 GLX?!?

Khan,

> Now, hit the cruise button. (Be prepared to hit the brake or push in the
> clutch to disengage the cruise) The engine will start to rev.

I don't own a GLX but the above phenomenon occurs in my 16V Scirocco AND
on most of the GM rentals I've driven.  If you're in cruise and shift from
Drive to Neutral the engine revs like crazy, apparently to try and
maintain the speed.

> I was just surprised noone had thought of this. Why would anyone want to
> put the car in cruise when the stick was in neutral? Since noone would want
> to do this, you'd think the engineers would disable it.

Actually, my Scirocco's cruise disengages when I clutch it.  So assuming
you use the clutch when shifting into Neutral it should disengage.

my 2c,

Kevin.