Re: Euro chin spoiler

>>   To those of you who have added the Euro chin spoiler to their car, How
     much did it cost, where is the best place to order it from, is it easy
     to put on, do you need to do any painting, how is the fit, etc., etc.
     My stock one has taken a beating with my 60mm SPAX springs and I think
     it is time for a new one.

Hi Andy,

If your stock front spoiler took a beating with the Spax kit, the Euro
spoiler will get knocked off. It's about twice the depth of the stock
spoiler.

Here's a big hint with the Euro spoiler...

Get it from the dealer!

It is a dealer part (both halves cost like 50 bucks each, if I remember
correctly) and some even have it in stock. It's way cheaper than the others
found out there on the market.

It is a pain in the ass to install correctly, because part of the front lip
on the front bumper, where the spoiler mounts, must be slightly trimmed off
(about 3/16"). I have pretty good skills with an X-acto knife, but I
wouldn't recommend this to anyone else. A Dremel tool with a sanding drum
makes a mess, but it works.

If the bumper does not get trimmed, the spoiler cannot mount completely
through the clips that it needs to stay on securely. I've seen it done both
ways, and they both work, but without cutting the bumper, it does have a
tendency to come loose.

Doug

http://www.vwvortex.com