Re: Bose CD Changer

> Let me tell those that are trying to install an aftermarket CD
changer in a 97
> and later GLX to heed the warnings of those that have been there.
>
> I tried to install a Panasonic CD changer in my 97 GLX with no luck.
> Crutchfield does not have the correct adapter to fit Bose systems at
this time.

*** In the interest of conserving bandwidth ***

Can someone set the record straight on this issue.  Perhaps there
needs to be a FAQ somewhere....

I thought that the prewired-to-the-trunk Bose head units interfaced
easily with either the Panasonic (if you have the flat tape door)
or the Clarion changer (if you have the half moon on the tape door).

Thats what the dealer told me anyways.  For those people who aren't
replacing their head unit and would like to add a CD changer to their
Bose system in their GLX, what changers, if any, work?  If the
changers don't work, outta the box, could someone rehash the
adapter issue one last time?  What adapter is needed and where does
it attach?  It would seem silly to have to rewire the car when it is
supposed to be prewired!

Perhaps a comprehensive reply could be turned into a FAQ.  Maybe
Mark would be willing to put it on the Jetta Homepage?

Cheers,

- ---
Jeff Newton
06/97 Jetta GLX