Re: CD Changer for the Bose system

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Stefan Hudson wrote:

> I just got off the phone with Crutchfield, and they told me that I
> had to go to the dealer to get a changer for the Bose sound system
> in the Jetta.  The guy hadn't heard of any adapter cable or anything
> that would allow either a Panasonic or a Clarion changer to work
> with the Bose head unit.

*sigh* We really should have a FAQ for this. :-)

First off, check your trunk.  On the very back of my trunk (the part
closest to the exhaust) just to the left of the latch there are cables for
a changer - the car is pre-wired.  If you have a '97 bose system, you need
a Panasonic.  If it's a '98, I'm not sure if they stuck with Panasonic.
But for 97 you mount it, plug it in, and you're good to go.

**************John Andrew Kilpatrick*kilpatri@cs.ucdavis.edu*******************
*  "Tsuki ni kawatte...oshiokiyo!"  |   I do not speak for CS, UC Davis, or   *
*    Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon    |   anyone else.   You have been warned.  *
********************http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~kilpatri/*******************