Re: Tires

Stereo Info,

Everything was bought from Crutchfield and installed by me.  They provided
the wiring harness / adapter and the antenna adapter at no cost with the
head unit.  No wires were cut. I could install the factory unit in minutes
if I had to.  They also provided detailed directions with graphics for the
installation in a Jetta.

Blaupunkt Aspen
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80103&store=7&sid=S-WH4LR9H46AX

Blaupunkt CDC-A05 10-disc CD changer
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80301&store=7&sid=S-WH4LR9H46AX

Blaupunkt RC-06H Wireless remote control
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80252&store=7

I'm will probably pick up a Thummer wireless remote after the holidays...

"Thummer" Wireless steering wheel remote control
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-WH4LR9H46AX/blockpub.exe?bid=80251&store=7

>how's it sound?

Much better. The stats on this unit compared to the factory are like night
and day.  The Bass range could be better, but that's a limitation of the
factory speakers.  During the install I ran a pair of line level cables
with an amp lead to the trunk so that I can install a couple of older
Infinity Kappa 65MB (6.5 in woofers) to the rear deck.  I've got a kenwood
sub amp and I will be running the woofers in series(?). This will cause
this setup to run at 2 ohms and increase the amps out put by something like
60% to 70% of its normal 4 ohm output.  Both, the speakers and amp are
rated for 2 ohms.  Depending on the mix of sound I get from the factory and
woofer mix, I may add bass blockers to the factory woofers. My biggest
problem is where to put the amp.  For those of you who are wondering why I
don't go with something like a 10" sub enclosure, all I can say is that one
of the things I love about this car is it's truck.  Besides, I lost the
desire to piss off my neighborhood years ago.  I swear, every time I hear
one of these punks cruse buy my house, when I'm laying in bed trying to
sleep, with their stereo cranked and my windows rattling, I want to take my
roommate's Browning Boss 30.06 with sniper scope and take him out from
about 200 yards. This is Texas ya know! :-)

> i assume you have the bose package.
Nope,  just the Premium Package.

> how'd the install go?
Time consuming, but relatively smooth.  I pick up some flex tubing for the
wires. It just made things cleaner. The wiring adapter harness from
Crutchfield helped too.  Like I said earlier I didn't cut a single factory
wire.  There's a nice wire trough along the bottom of the driver's side
door that runs the length of the doors. It came in quite handy.

>does it look ok?
Looks Great!  The Blaupunkts, I think, matched the interior more closely
than any other head unit I've seen. I'm a big fan of a clean look and I
didn't want a head unit that would "stick out" like a sore thumb. The
stereo's face is made out of black plastic VERY similar to the Jetta's
dash. I'll see if I have any photos. If not I'll take some tonight.

> are you using the stock cd changer cable? where'd you get the harness?
No, My 95 GLX didn't have a Changer cable installed.  I used the cable from
Blaupunkt.

?did you have dyer electronics install it? how'd they do on price? can they
bargain?
Don't know Dyer.

Hey, Zeek, check out the 7 series at Blau's web site.  It uses smartcard
technology!!
 http://www.blaupunkt.com/

 Later dudes,

Joe

PS: if anyone has any more questions.  you know what to do.