Re: Tires

- --------------0E5F8163B61117D5D190C5FC

>  So they are good handling huh?

"I" would say so.  But I wouldn't consider myself an expert.

Driving background: I consider my self to be a very aggressive driver.
As a matter of fact it was only a few days ago that I hit 132 MPH on a
rural highway her in Texas. (But I guess with the speed error that's
more like 125) They have never failed to take me through a turn at any
speed I feel comfortable with.  I think they out handle the factory
suspension.  Oh and they don't squeal at all like the GA's did.  BUT!,
they have half the tread ware rating of the GA's.

On a totally non analytical note: there's just something about having
Italian tires on my car. :-)

Oh, I have heard (a while back) one or two guys on the list mention
bubbling or warping in the side walls of Pirelli's.  I don't know if
they were P700Zs or not.  Guys??????

Good luck Mark,

Joe

PS:  Ya know I finally got my Blaupunkt head unit and changer installed
a couple of months ago and I've got two or three roles of very detailed
pictures from the install.  If you can use any of them for the web page
let me know.  I have a HP scanner and can work up some images for you.

Mark Klaus Radelow wrote:

> So you like how they handle and everything?  I can actually get a
> better
> price than that because I am buying tires, my mom is buying tires, and
> friend of mine is buying tires.  We are going for the Package deal.
> So
> they are good handling huh?
>
> Mark
>
> Joe Mann wrote:
> >
> > Mark, I recently got the P700Zs from Tire Rack for $70 (stock size)
> > pop and I love them.  $68?? Is that local?  I couldn't find a single
>
> > tire dealer here in Austin that had a half way decent tire for my 95
>
> > GLX. Let alone a decent price.
> >
> > Good luck.
> >
> > Joe
> >
> > Mark Klaus Radelow wrote:
> >
> > > Okay time for me to get tires for my Jetta GLX.  Here is what I am
>
> > > considering:
> > >
> > > Pirelli P-Zero
> > > Pirelli P700Z
> > > Dunlop SP-8000
> > > Dunlop D40M2
> > > Michelin Pilot XGTV4
> > > Toyo Proxes T1
> > > all in stock size
> > >
> > > I can afford all of them, but the P700Z's are a TOTAL STEAL at 68
> > > bucks
> > > and the more I save here the more I can spend on other things.
> > > Anyways,
> > > let me know what you have and if you like them.  Sorry Wally, I
> ain't
> > > buying no piece of shit Nitto's.  Have already heard to much bad
> stuff
> > >
> > > about them.  Anyways thanks!@
> > >
> > > Ma

- --------------0E5F8163B61117D5D190C5FC

<HTML>

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE>&nbsp;So they are good handling huh?</PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>

<P>"I" would say so.&nbsp; But I wouldn't consider myself an expert.

<P>Driving background: I consider my self to be a very aggressive driver.
As a matter of fact it was only a few days ago that I hit 132 MPH on a
rural highway her in Texas. (But I guess with the speed error that's more
like 125) They have never failed to take me through a turn at any speed
I feel comfortable with.&nbsp; I think they out handle the factory suspension.&nbsp;
Oh and they don't squeal at all like the GA's did.&nbsp; BUT!, they have
half the tread ware rating of the GA's.

<P>On a totally non analytical note: there's just something about having
Italian tires on my car. :-)

<P>Oh, I have heard (a while back) one or two guys on the list mention
bubbling or warping in the side walls of Pirelli's.&nbsp; I don't know
if they were P700Zs or not.&nbsp; Guys??????

<P>Good luck Mark,

<P>Joe

<P>PS:&nbsp; Ya know I finally got my Blaupunkt head unit and changer installed
a couple of months ago and I've got two or three roles of very detailed
pictures from the install.&nbsp; If you can use any of them for the web
page let me know.&nbsp; I have a HP scanner and can work up some images
for you.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>Mark Klaus Radelow wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>So you like how they handle and everything?&nbsp;
I can actually get a better
<BR>price than that because I am buying tires, my mom is buying tires,
and a
<BR>friend of mine is buying tires.&nbsp; We are going for the Package
deal.&nbsp; So
<BR>they are good handling huh?

<P>Mark

<P>Joe Mann wrote:
<BR>>
<BR>> Mark, I recently got the P700Zs from Tire Rack for $70 (stock size)
<BR>> pop and I love them.&nbsp; $68?? Is that local?&nbsp; I couldn't
find a single
<BR>> tire dealer here in Austin that had a half way decent tire for my
95
<BR>> GLX. Let alone a decent price.
<BR>>
<BR>> Good luck.
<BR>>
<BR>> Joe
<BR>>
<BR>> Mark Klaus Radelow wrote:
<BR>>
<BR>> > Okay time for me to get tires for my Jetta GLX.&nbsp; Here is what
I am
<BR>> > considering:
<BR>> >
<BR>> > Pirelli P-Zero
<BR>> > Pirelli P700Z
<BR>> > Dunlop SP-8000
<BR>> > Dunlop D40M2
<BR>> > Michelin Pilot XGTV4
<BR>> > Toyo Proxes T1
<BR>> > all in stock size
<BR>> >
<BR>> > I can afford all of them, but the P700Z's are a TOTAL STEAL at
68
<BR>> > bucks
<BR>> > and the more I save here the more I can spend on other things.
<BR>> > Anyways,
<BR>> > let me know what you have and if you like them.&nbsp; Sorry Wally,
I ain't
<BR>> > buying no piece of shit Nitto's.&nbsp; Have already heard to much
bad stuff
<BR>> >
<BR>> > about them.&nbsp; Anyways thanks!@
<BR>> >