Re: Tech: Proper Lubing of Neuspeed Swaybar Bushings

George,

Normally it's not the bushings that connect the swaybar to the suspension
arms (behind the wheels) that squeek but rather the bushings that mount the
swaybars to the frame.  Ususally the bar is mounted in two places under the
car.  I've never looked at how a sway bar mounts on my GLX but the bar has
to mount to the frame somewhere and that's where all the squeeking and
twisting occurs.

I've installed swaybars in two different cars and the first manufacture (I
think it was Suspension Techniques) didn't mention lubercating the two
swaybar frame mount bushings.  But in my Ground Control swaybar
instructions they made a big deal about it.  They even supplied the special
grease (it felt like heavy duty, high temp brake grease to me)!  They
didn't mention anything about lubercating the points where the swaybar
mounts to the suspention arms.  I don't think this is where your problem
is.

Find the points where your bars mount to the frame.  Unbolt them and spread
some grease inside the bushings with your finger.  Or better yet take it
back to the place that installed the bars to begin with and make them do
it.  They shouldn't be squeeking it they were greased properly.

My two cents....

Mitch

'97 White GLX (long time autocrosser and car nut!)

email: mitchman@oneworld.owt.com
web site:  http://www.owt.com/users/mitchman/