Re: break in period

>When you hit the 1st 600 change the oil and still be good to it for
>another 3000 at least...

Nope, as per factory specs run it up to 5k for the first oil change,
especially if you are going to change to synthetic.  The factory intervals
are 5k, 10k, 20k, 30k, etc. (or every year).  Personally, I'm going to
change mine every 5k and it's probably overkill (but it's easy to remember
when to change it).  My ex-Audi Turbo had its oil changed every 5k (factory
spec for that car) and with 150k on it uses less than a quart between
changes.  FWIW, I heard that in the near future BMW is going to move up to
20k intervals using synthetic.

Chris