Re: Fuel Tank Capacity

On Dec 1,  5:31pm, Bunmar@aol.com wrote:

> 3.  As for the fuel tank capacity, I actually talked to the
> service manager at the VW dealership that I bought the car at
> told me that the tank has a long neck?!?  That's ludicrous and
> is no way explaining why the tank only holds 13 gallons.

I'll agree with you that it was a stupid answer, but you have to admit
that your service manager had no way of actually answering that
question.  You may as well have asked him why the trunk was so big.
 It's a 13 gallon tank because the designers only had room for a 13
gallon tank.

Keep in mind that a crummy little Civic has a range of about 450 miles
(somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but my friends older Civics get
about that).  If we're getting around the 300 mile range, I think
that's not bad considering that the A3 platform probably wasn't
designed for the VR6 in the first place.

- --
|                       |              CAE Electronics Ltd  |
|     Kevin Randle      |                      PO Box 1800  |
|     randle@cae.ca     |  St Laurent, Qc, Canada  H4L 4X4  |
|                       |         (514) 341 2000  ext 2301  |