RE: break in period

  I was wondering about the breaking period for my new GLX.

[Simon Rienhardt]  Be good to it for a while. if you don't follow the
recommendations, you run the risk of your rings not seating correctly.
Keeping the break-in oil in there for the first period ties in with this
also. The best thing you can do is just drive it all kinds of different
ways, so a variety of operating conditions are thrown at it, but stay away
from the redline for that 1,500 miles! I know it's tough, but you can do
it!
For after the break-in: did you know that if you shift at peak horsepower
(5800 RPM), then when you finish the shift, your revs will be right about
in the peak torque range (4200 RPM)!
Also, you're probably wondering why the gas mileage seems too low- it'll go
up a bit after the engine breaks in.
Enjoy your car!