Subject: Re: installation : side marker,side blinkers,head light lids
Author: owner-gti-vr6@dev.tivoli.com
Date:  12/1/97 9:56 AM

Well, I installed two out of the three :

1. Smoke Side Markers : A real bitch to install...  it is almost
impossible to remove the old side markers without breaking them (I broke
both).  Also, make sure to put some electrical tape or any type of
protection between the screwdriver and the paint when removing (braking)
them.  Do not forget to take the bulbs out of the old side markers and
put them in the new ones (Or better yet buy new bulbs).  The smoke side
markers look REALLY great.  They are "clear" (don't have that shitty
amber look).  I just hope my bulbs don't burn anytime soon, replacing
them should be fun...

2. Headlight lids : Very easy install.  Just follow the instructions
that came with it.  No real trick here.  Don't put too much glue (3/4 of
the tube should be enough) as it will run a little and you'll be stuck
scraping the excess (Why do you think they give you a scraper ???).
Look great, nice choice...

Good luck with the side markers... happy drillin'

Nic.

> Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 11:14:11 -0800
> From: "Gary (Fab)" <jgkfung@intergate.bc.ca>
> Subject: installation : side marker,side blinkers,head light lids
>
> Hi guys,
>
>         I just received my box of new toys from ND, there's the smoke
> side markers, euro side blinkers(required to drill holes), and the kamei
> headlight lids. Anyone on the list have installed these goodies
> themselves? I need some instructions on doing these...

- --
For info on: how to subscribe & unsubscribe, the list's mailing errors,
    list archive, etc.  see:   http://www.panix.com/~aqn/gti_vr6_list/