Re: Flame!

At 2:32 PM -0500 8/29/97, douglas.carter@platinum.com wrote:
>Did I fall asleep at the wheel or something?

Maybe.

>I don't remember cancelling
>my GTI VR6 AND GLX listservers and signing up for Acura, BMW and Neon
>lists.

If you had been payng attention, no Acura discussions were going on in the
GLX listserve. Why did you send a complaint to THIS list about something
that wasn't even happening on it?

As far as the BMW and Neon, both were being discussed IN RELATION TO a
Jetta. Next time you go driving you might notice that the roads have more
than Jettas on them. As a result, it is *REASONABLE* to discuss the other
cars IN RELATION TO the Jetta.

>Please stop clogging up this list, damn it. This isn't the place.

I hardly think a few messages a day is REALLY clogging up this list, as the
signal to noise ratio (S/N) is QUITE high, thank you. While there are SOME
off topic posts, they're few and far between, and your message doesn't help
at all. If there was a couple messages that may have been off topic, you
just increased the off topic volume by %50!

If you're getting a bunch of off topic stuff in the GTI-VR6 list, why would
WE care about it?

Bottom line is that what you're complaining about (at least on the Jetta
list) is hardly "clogging" the list, and discussions about the BMW and Neon
IN RELATION TO a Jetta is IMO, appropriate.

- -Khan "IN RELATION TO" Klatt

Khan Klatt					   khan@pacificrim.net
Pacific Rim Network, Inc.			    (360) 650-0442 x13
http://www.khan.org			     http://www.pacificrim.net

       A member of the VERIO group of Internet Service Providers