Workin' the Brakes...

Ok guys, I know there has been a lot of discussion about bleeding brakes
with the ABS system, and most have dealt with the 95's. But mine's a '97
and I have 'heard' that the systems are not the same and require special
tools and dealer ASSistance.

My next level of mods is going to be brake work.  I want to install
stainless/kevlar brake lines, Super Ate fluid, Mintex Silverlines or Redbox
pads (anyone know the difference?) and possibly slotted or drilled rotors
up front.  The car is gonna be Solo I'ed soon on high speed tracks like
Blackhawk Farms, Putnum Park and Gingerman and I don't want ANY fading or
loss of stopping power with the increased heat of a 25 minute hot lap
session.

Here's my question... can someone (me) who has done MANY home brake jobs
and upgrades in the past work on the brake system in the '97's? Or am I
basically SOL?

Any ideas on the complexity of the '97's? Chris, have you done work to the
brakes on your car yet?

Also, I'm not willing to sacrifice sqeal, cold stops or brake dust for
performance. If the pads stop as well as stock or better and have little or
no visible dust, I want those.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Doug