Re: GLX to A4 where's the $8,000? diff.

At 8:31 AM -0400 8/26/97, Mike_Tagliento@idx.com wrote:
>Now you seem to be forgeting the other A4, the 1.8T.  You can get yourself
>a new 1.8T with Quattro, sport package and sunroof for right around
>$25,000.  Then with your last wad of dough before the first payment comes
>you buy yourself a TAP chip upgrade which puts hp right at 200.  I know
>GLX'ers can be a slightly defensive bunch I used to be one before my
>"accident."  The A4 is a totally different world away from the GLX. Get
>yourself an A4 with Anthracite interior and  Brilliant Yellow Paint  you
>want to talk about attack of the giant killers here is a car that is the
>definition of fit, finish, quality, thoughtful engineering (something the
>current Jetta is truly lacking) for your $.  I used to drive my GLX and
>wonder for all the problems and rattles and sqeaks if this is car that will
>truly hold up and be something worth all these $'s after a few a years I
>never got to answer to answer that question but I think the answer would
>have been no.
>
>I know no one on this is going to like the following but sometimes the
>truth hurts:
>
>GLX=young, brat, boy racer great if your a pain in the butt teen.
>A4= A fine piece of Automotive craftmanship, something anyone over 15 can
>truly appreciate.  If you don't believe me park them next to each other and
>you tell me which car had more thought put into it.
>
>But I will stop here I already here someones blood begining to boil.
>
>P.S. - Dontcha' just sometimes feel cheated?

Interesting viewpoint. This is the kind of opinion I was seeking. I don't
know if I'd really go as far as to say that I'm a teen racer-boy brat, but
I would say I'm just at that point before I'd go out and buy an Audi A4
(1.8)...

I think everyone here can admit that in the sedan class of VW cars, the GLX
is the kind of car to have, unless you have a particular affinity for the
Passat.
If you want more power and a "more solid" car, you'll eventually upgrade to
an Audi (if you like the VW/Audi class of cars above BMW/Mercedes)... from
there, we're talking >> $60,000, and some really fine automobiles.

- -Khan

Khan Klatt					   khan@pacificrim.net
Pacific Rim Network, Inc.			    (360) 650-0442 x13
http://www.khan.org			     http://www.pacificrim.net

       A member of the VERIO group of Internet Service Providers