Re: VR6 oil change

Don,

I noticed when I bought my car that the service schedule recommends oil changes
every 7500 miles.  This is double the industry standard recommendation of 3000
miles.  I also noticed that the car holds significantly more oil than most.
Something like 6 or 7 quarts, if I remember correctly.

I'm just curious, why does VW recommend this length of time between oil
changes??  Do you recommend changing the oil every 3000 miles or 3 months??

Thanks,

Joe