re: GLX vs. GT vs. GLS vs. GL vs....

At 4:01 PM -0700 8/21/97, greg_collins@om.cv.hp.com wrote:
>     Brother:
>
>     The GLX is the only game in town.  Without the VR6, the GLS vs. GT is
>     really all about paying more for features and options you don't need
>     and often don't want.  They are just ways for VW and its dealers to
>     increase the margins on the base GL, because the financial return on
>     options like sunroofs and alloy wheels is greater than on the
>     automobile itself.  Don't let the VW marketing folks fool you. Go for
>     the VR6, if you can; that's where the Jetta can legitimately claim to
>     back up its great disciplined and understated design!

I think you mistook my reasons for writing. I *already* own a '97 Sequoia
Green GLX, Beige Biber leather interior. Mmmm. Tasty. The only thing I
*HATE* about the car are the lame Goodyears and the suspension belongs on a
Honda, if you know what I'm saying.

I simply wanted to know where the GT was in relation to the models I was
already familiar with (GLS, GL, etc.)...

- -Khan

Khan Klatt					   khan@pacificrim.net
Applications Director,				    (360) 650-0442 x13
Pacific Rim Network, Inc.		     http://www.pacificrim.net
                                                   http://www.khan.org

       A member of the VERIO group of Internet Service Providers