[none]

<<<<<<<<<<<
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 16:53:06 -0500
From: "S. Joseph Mann" <joem@pswtech.com>
Subject: Intake manifold

Hey guys,

With all this talk of airflow, I started thinking about the intake
manifold itself. On average, what does it cost to have the factory
intake ported and polished?

And what ever happened to that VW Sport after market performance intake
that VW had available from Germany?  I heard rave reviews about it way
back when. But I haven't heard squat in a while.  I know the darn thing
ran around $2000 dollars. But I heard it gave the car some viscous
torque!

Later,

Joe

i've heard that an intake P&P really didn't show any real improvements over
stock.  as for the VW Sport intake, do you mean the VSR?  i thought that
they stopped making them or at least availability to the US. the Schrick
achieves the same as the VSR.  FWIW, the VR6 is a great motor, the german
engineers wanted the VSR in the stock VR6 but to keep cost down they had to
make changes this is how the VSR showed up as an aftermarket part.  i'm
just curious on what Mercedes has in mind with the VR6?

Don Herrero
Project Manager
Systems Enhancement Corp.
email:    don@sechq.com