RE: Intake manifold

A ported and polished intake manifold from EIP costs $750 with exchange.  The
VSR (VW Motorsports intake), I believe is still available through Ron's Parts
in Canada, but it will cost you over $3000.  The Shrick VGR intake is
available and will run you about $2000.  The Shrick intake has shown to
provide more hp and torque in tests vs. the VSR intake, as long as the valve
timing is set correctly.  EIP's intake does have any variable valves, but it
probably has the best airflow of the three.  It doesn't provide as much
torque, but it does a good job on the high end hp.