Re: Intake manifold

S. Joseph Mann wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> With all this talk of airflow, I started thinking about the intake
> manifold itself. On average, what does it cost to have the factory
> intake ported and polished?
>
> And what ever happened to that VW Sport after market performance intake
> that VW had available from Germany?  I heard rave reviews about it way
> back when. But I haven't heard squat in a while.  I know the darn thing
> ran around $2000 dollars. But I heard it gave the car some viscous
> torque!
>
> Later,
>
> Joe

The VW Motorsport VSR manifold is about $3,000 from AMS. Rons Parts
sells the Shrick version for around $2,000 (& has better performance
according to those that have it). JT Motorsport in Simi Valley, CA
sells the Oettinger version of the Shrick manifold - it seems the
only difference is that the Oettinger version is a "slightly" tweaked
version of the Shrick. You also need a custom chip with the manifold.

For a port & polish job on the intake manifold, EIP Tuning sells
on an exchange basis, their ported & polished version. Dunno about the
cost. You can certainly take your stock manifold and have an Extrude
Hone job done to it but it's pretty pricey (around $700-800, I was
told).

//VA
97 Jetta GLX