Noises, complaints, BBB, etc.

>>> Jim Bazzano <jbazzano@tribecatech.com> 08/14/97 11:09pm >>>
>I have had my 96 GLX for just over a week now. Every time I take it out
>I listen, with my hands, eyes, and ears to all the feedback the car can
>give.  I think the car is killer, however I am sad to say that the
>"chirping" from the front and the strange noises from the back
<snap>

Hi Jim and the rest of the GLX-ers

My guess that a lot of GLX owners "listen" to their cars as you do.

I have no idea what the "chirping" from the front might be, but here's my
experience with a noise coming from the back of the car.  My 1995 GLX
had a squeaking noise coming from the back from a day one.   VW
service "could not reproduce" it for a couple of visits (grrr...).  After they
acknowledged existence of an annoying sound, they claimed it is "normal
leather rubbing sounds" (BS).

To cut a long story short, it turned out that the trunk latch was loose.  It
just needed few screws tightened up.

BTW, that 1995 GLX is a matter of history for me, since VWoA replaced
it with a 1996 model after I took my case to arbitration with BBB.
Document everything, read your warranty booklet carefully, be patient,
keep the paper trail, and you will get their attention.  Chattanooga's VW
service was an example of unprofessionalism, except for the service
manager (who did not last long there).

It was a frustrating experience, but taking my case to BBB was worth it.
My 1996 GLX is great and Nasville VW service seems to be a good one.

Vojin

P.S.  Don, thanks for your valuable input to this group.