Re: Headlight/Foglight Shunt

In a message dated 97-08-11 23:07:57 EDT, Jettamann wrote:

<< Oh, on the euro switch, why do we want to disable the DRLs. Are we
 talking a performance hit on the alternator here??  I kind of like the
 safety feature of the DRLs.  I mean, hey, when I come flyin around a
 turn I want to make damn sure some moron pulling out of a side street
 has at least a half second to see me coming!

I personally found that the DLRs are great (for other drivers), because most
people don't know when to turn on their headlights.  But, I also found that
with higher wattage bulbs, the life was short due to them being on all the
time.  Both of mine burned out within a day of each other after about nine
months.  Its now been several years w/o a replacement, since I went to the
Euro switch and turn them on selectively.  Actually, during in-between
conditions (overcast, early evening, etc.) I use the fog lights only.  -Steve
Mercer