Re: Headlight/Foglight Shunt

Vaso Bovan wrote:

> I own a GTi-VR6. My friend bought a Jetta Trek recently - very well
> equipped but without the VR6 engine.
>
> My friend's Jetta has the two-reflector (not four reflector) headlight
> system. On four-reflector systems, one can buy two clip-shunts that allow
> simultaneous operation of High Beam, Low Beam,  and Fog Light. Obviously,
> with the two-reflector system, simultaneous High Beam + Low Beam operation
> is not possible, but can the shunt be used that allows simultaneous High
> Beam and Fog Light operation ?

You need to use the "Z"-shaped shunt for 2-reflector systems
and the Euro headlight switch to have simultaneous hi-beam &
foglight operation. I bought mine from Timmons VW for about
$73 plus shipping (Euro switch & Z-shaped shunt). At the relay/
fuse box, you will need to pull 2 relays - one which kills the
DRL feature and the other is the foglight relay, where the
shunt will be placed.

//VA
97 Jetta GLX