rigourous brake testing

this is a cut and paste from VW.com

>At Volkswagen, our engineers take the design and manufacture of brake
system components >seriously. Genuine Volkswagen brake pads resist forces
as high as 2,200 lbs. per square inch. >Cold weather performance tests show
our brake components maintain stopping power in >temperatures as low as 58
degrees Fahrenheit. Genuine Volkswagen brake pads utilize non->carcinogenic
asbestos-free material, to help protect the environment. And our brake
systems far >exceed the Federal motor Vehicle Safety Standard
(FMVSS#105-75).

hey there... fifty-eight degrees fahrenheit ain't bad!
i thought these cars were supposed to be engineered for colder weather! :)

is this a typo or do the brakes need to be above 58 degrees in order for
them to be _fully_ effective? i understand that it doesn't take much to
heat a brake drum, but boasting "as low as 58 degrees Fahrenheit" seems
a little ridiculous.

spank me hard- REAL hard