Tires

Gentlemen,

I've noticed some talk of tires on the list, and I'm getting close to
needing a new set. So I thought I would ask your advise. We all (or most
of us) seem to think the GAs suck. So I started looking at some of the
available Pirelli's from the Tire Rack. I ran across the P7000 Summer
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/pirelli/pi_p7001.htm which looks pretty
good, or I was thinking maybe the Dunlop SP Sport 8000
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/dunlop/du_s8000.htm .  I live in Austin
TX. where it's sunny 300 days out of the year, the temp is about 90
about half the year, and it only snows or freeing rains once every two
years.  I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on these tires???

What are your opinion of the Tire Rack? What are the advantages and
disadvantages of buying from them??

I have a hard time fathoming mail order rubber.   ????

Cosmetic reasons aside, What are the functional advantages and
disadvantages of 16" or 17" wheels. I've been looking at the BBS RX's
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/bbs/bbs_rx.htm  But I'm a little worried
about diminishing the ride of the car.

The P7000s with the BBS RXs would be $1660 and the SP Sport 8000s would
be just a tad cheaper.

Have a great weekend guys!

Later,

Joe