Re: VW Master Technician

Ok, my two cents...

I'm not positive about 97's, Don and the other's my confirm, but on 95
GLXs if you leave the ignition switch in the on or run position (whether
the motor is running or not) and fill the tank, this will majorly
confuse the fuel gauge for a while.  The key MUST be off. It can still
be in the ignition, but in the off position.

The behavior you experienced sounds like this situation.  Are you sure
the key was off and/or out of the ignition when you filled you tank??

Don't worry, ya did break nothin. Ya just may have confused it for a
while.

Joe