Re: VW Master Technician

I have 97 GLX... So far, so good, except that darned ignition switch! I have
sat in my car for up to 30 minutes playing with the key to work, but you've
heard that before.

I just filled up my tank tonight. I started near empty. Filled it completely
up. When I restarted the car, I noticed that the LOW FUEL yellow idiot light
was on and the gas gauge was still showing almost empty!!!

I shut the car off and back on a few times, but NO! It would not come up. A
sticking float perhaps???

Anyway, I drove 18 miles after filling up. Over a span of about 20 minutes,
the gauge FINALLY indicated ALMOST FULL. (normally the gauge EXCEEDS full
with a topped off tank.) The gauge didn't just break free and go to NEAR
full. It was a VERY SLOW climb up there. That never happened before.

After it had got there, I turned off the key and watched it drop to EMPTY
and then turned the key back on. It came up swiftly, but still not past full.

So now what? Do I have a goofy gauge? A sticking float? A busted computer?
Did one of those assemblers down in Puebla stick some whacky tobacky in my
tank? WHAT GIVES!?!?!?!?!?

Now I have ANOTHER issue to bring up on my next trip to the dealer.

Thom