Subject: Re: Volkswagen sob stories (was)My '97 GLX joke (a long ta
Author:  Non-HP-cmorgan02 (cmorgan02@sprynet.com) at HP-PaloAlto,mimegw6
Date:    7/30/97 7:03 PM

> rough idle
> Rough engine idle
> rough engine idle
> engine idles rough
etc

Unless this is a definite miss, I think this is a "characteristic" of the
>96 VR6s.  They can be "lopey" at times.  Once I was BSed by being told it
was the cams.  Horse-hockey!  I think it is either ignition, idle
stablization, or intake manifold related and not easily fixable.   I have
noticed this on most all the ones I've driven except they '97s.  They seem
better, but not perfect.

- -Chris

P.S.  Could someone on the GLX list send me instructions on subscribing.
TIA