Re: MPG and oil temp

>Hey guys & gals-
>
>I'm enjoying having instant access to the data on my VR6, but I'm curious
>how it compares.
>
>Two questions:
>
>   1.   What kind of average MPG are you getting over a tank of gas? My GLX
>	only has about 2,400 miles on it, so it's not really broken in yet.
>	I feel pretty good if I get above 22, but I'm also having to get gas
>	fairly often... Yeah, I know, it varies according to how aggressive
>	you drive. :-)

	I get 15-17mpg in the city and 19-22mpg on the highway.  Of course, I'm an
"aggressive" driver.  No, I think "loose nut behind the wheel" is more of
an appropriate term. :-)

>   2. 	I saw Abe (I think) mention that he doesn't push the engine above
>	3,000 RPM until after the oil temp gets above 180. Is this a good
>	rule to follow on a regular basis? Do others have guidelines on this?

	That would be me.  I try and do this becuase this is around the
temperature that water will disperse from oil when it gets really heated
up.  At leaast, this is what I was told.  Seems to be a common practice
though.

>TIA

>Jeffrey J. Hoover                                  <mailto:jjh@macdude.com>
><http://www.macdude.com>                          Candy White '97 Jetta GLX
>VR6oooom!                      	                                  [MAN+CPU]

e-mail:   panther@iglou.com
homepage: http://www.coa.uky.edu/~sysabe/
"What you need to do is delete the kernel."
- - Anonymous Tech Support Rep