Re: Misc. Info. Requested

Item Subject: Misc. Info. Requested
     Get a chip, I have and prefer the Autotech (i've driven the Nuespeed
     and didn't like it as much).  I recommend a K&N or Abt filter element
     (rather than P-flow).  I would hold off on exhausts not really proven
     to increase power significantly (unless also adding new intake,
     T-body, and Cams), Shift lever is easy, just remove boot from center
     council (held with elastic under collar) and then unscrew knob,
     sometimes dificult to start but isn't glued.  I would recomend cutting
     down the lever (1.125inche) at the same time you change knobs (shorter
     throw) find out if new knob is threaded (will need to re-thread lever)
     or held with a set screw.  17" wheels look great but can be a pain
     (bending, rubbing etc.) I would recomend 205/45/16". ALWAYS make sure
     the aftermarket wheels are "Hub Centric".  All your listed tires sound
     great but will be quite expensive and wear quickly. (I understand the
     Nitto is actually treadwear rated at 300 which is impressive).
     Springs, shocks and struts are a tremendous addition.  I would never
     recomend doing springs with out  shocks and Struts (S&S).  Your new
     springs will over power the old S&S and give you the po-go stick
     effect.  If you do springs and S&S you really should get a front upper
     strut stabilizer bar, it helps the car work with the new stiffer
     suspension.  All strut bars are the same, get the cheapest (ie.
     neuspeed).  I have the SPAX system and love it, it is lower than some
     peoples tastes though.  Their quaility is excellent and the ride is
     great and fully adjustible, yes I do use the adjustments (not too hard
     to do) and it allows the system to match anyones tastes.  Neuspeeds
     springs are very good (made by H&R if you want to order direct) AVOID
     Eibach like the HIV virus, I have never heard anything good about them
     on VW's sometimes they don't even fit.  Bilsteins are excellent S&S
     but pricey, Boges are good and inexpensive, SPAX is priced in the
     middle and is A LOT cheaper than anyother adjustible system (ie. koni,
     tokico)  My best street system would be H&R sport lowering springs
     (nuespeed)and the SPAX adjustible S&S.  Great ride and handling,
     adjustible, and the car will have a clean lower stance but not quite
     as low as the SPAX. (Ron's Auto Parts for spax)
     andy