Jetta Suspension Upgrades

I was hoping that those of you that have upgraded you shocks
and springs could share your experience. I have just a few
questions. I am deciding between lowering springs and the
so called SofSport type.

What shock/spring combo did you use?

How much did they cost?

Was the kit easy to install?

How much did it lower the car?

Do you have suspension travel problems?

Are you running stock rims or did you go 16"?

How is the ride? (Real Stiff?)

Do you have and clearance problems? (ie. Pot holes, speed bumps, Snow)

Anything you could add will help me out a great deal. I have read
the Neuspeed impressions page at the VW Zone. I just would like some
more input.

I used to own a 93 Probe GT and would like to get the handling close
to that but not ride quite a rough. I am not apposed to a ride that
is rougher than stock.

Thanks in advance

Dave
97 Jetta GLX