To: jettaglx@igtc.COM
From: jettaglx@igtc.COM on Fri, Apr 11, 1997 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Oil Changes
RFC Header:Received: by macsmtpgw.spring-branch.isd.tenet.edu with SMTP;11
Apr 1997 13:53:18 U
From: ANDREW_ATWELL@HP-PaloAlto-om20.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 97 11:40:50 -0700
To: jettaglx@igtc.COM
Sender: owner-jettaglx@igtc.COM

     MY GLX was my first major buy also after school.
     Well knowing that you are in the same boat as me (financially that is)
     I would suggest doing changes yourself, this way also asures it is
     done right!  You will need:  Allen wrench 3 or 4mm (I don't remember),
     a filter wrench, and a 3/4inch wrench(for the drain plug, I think this
     is the correct size), a catch pan, a filter (comes with 2 O-rings), a
     drain plug washer, and 5 quarts of your favorite flavor oil.  The
first change will cost the most because of buying the tools, but after that
they
will be cheap and only cost you your time.  If you car is lowered you will
probably need a decent jack and some jack stands.  Good luck.
Ps. I have been really pleased with Castrol Syntex full synthetic oil in my
GLX,
I feel it is worth the extra $ and I feel completely comfortable going 5,000
miles between changes.
andy

_________________________________
Author:  Non-HP-owner-jettaglx (owner-jettaglx@igtc.com) at
HP-PaloAlto,mimegw6
Date:    4/11/97 11:16 AM

Hi Andy.  No my odometer is at 18k now and my GLX is my first major purchase.

Yes it was the best graduation gift for myself =)

Jay

> Subject: Re: Re[2]: Oil Changes
> Author:  Non-HP-owner-jettaglx (owner-jettaglx@igtc.com) at
HP-PaloAlto,mimegw6
> Date:    4/11/97 7:05 AM
>

> Mine is due for a 3k Oil Change and I was thinking about doing it myself.
Do