17"wheels

hi all chris collier here,

well i read the posts about the bigger wheels and thought that i would
comment;

in answer to the question about fitment, yes they will fit; i personally
know this to be true;

on my 95 jetta gl, i was running 17x8 tsw hock r's with yoko avs
215/40zr17; never rubbed; that was with a stock suspension

i put them on my brother's gti, which is running the spax 24 way adj kit
with neuspeed lowering springs, no rub;

now to comment on the ride; it is incredible, the wider contact patch
really makes a difference on the highway at cruising speeds, makes the
car very solid; the car handles on a dime;

i am hoping that i can sell these 17" rims with the 4x100 bolt pattern,
so that i can get a set with the 5x100 bolt pattern i now have on my glx

as far as anyone thinking of getting the 17" rims, DO IT, the advantages
far out-weigh the disadvantages;

that is my opinion
- --
Politics: Poli (many) - tics (blood sucking parasites)

VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR

christopher n. collier
cnscenic@mm.com

Special FX Engineer

minneapolis/st. paul
minnesota-usa

97 VW GLX VR6
White, De-Badged Trunk, German Auto Club Badge In Grill, Clarion 6-Disc
Changer, Neuspeed P-Flow, Neuspeed Front Swaybar 25mm, Neuspeed Rear
Swaybar 28mm, Neuspeed Upper Strut Tie Bar, Spax 24 Way Adjustable Kit,
Autopower 6-pt. Bolt-In Full Roll Cage, Schrick Intake Manifold, Tinted
Side Marker Lights, Tinted Side Bumper Lights, Weather Tech Trunk Liner,
Momo Super-Anatomical Knob, and a few more tricks up my

VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR6VR