Re: Bigger Wheels?

Hi,
> stock 15 inch rims. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with
> putting on 16 or 17 inch rims? Are there fitting issues that I should be
> aware of? Will a '96 GLX be able to handle 17 inch wheels? If so, are

I had 16" ATS wheels on my car, with Yokohama AVS Intermediate 205/45-ZR16
and it fitted perfectly, the car was also lowered with bilsteins and springs
and no problems because of that either. I remember seeing one of the first
modified A3 Jettas in the European Car with a set of 17" wheels, but I
haven't seen many (any) others. It seems that 16" is the most recommended
size.

> there any specific makes that you would recommend? Does a bigger wheel
> screw up the speedometer and odometer? If so, how much.

There's a way to calculate it, but I don't remember the formula, anyway,
I think it's really minor.

Regards.
Arturo Vega