Re: TECH: Rear wiper intermit delete

Sup all,
	Been off the list for awhile during Spring Break....it's good to be
back!!  Anyways, I just got this off of the C-list and can't see why this
wouldn't work with our cars.  Anyone one thought of trying this yet?
Comments?

>From:	"Steve R. Cockwell" <stevec@lazarus.ca>
>To:	<corrado-l@lazarus.ca>
>Subject: Re: TECH: Rear wiper intermit delete
>Date:	Tue, 1 Apr 1997 15:24:39 -1000
>Error-To: stevec@lazarus.ca
>> A while ago, there was a thread commenting that the rear wiper had an
>> intermittant function, similar to the front, and that you had to press
>> twice on the lever to get just one wipe. Well, after studying the
>Bentley,
>> I found that if you replace the rear wiper relay with a standard relay
>such
>> as the horn or radiator fan relay (it plugs right in, no mods), the wiper
>> works just like the one on my old '81 Scirocco, push once and it wipes
>> once.
>
>So if I plug the rear wiper relay in the horn relay socket I can have the
>C's horn sound every 6 seconds?? :-)
>
>BTW, That probably means that with just a small change the rear wiper delay
>could be changed by mod'ing the relay.  Anybody have any opinions about the
>speed of the rear wiper.  If it's just a resistor you could probably put a
>potentiometer (dial) on the dash that would allow you to control it.
>
>-------
>Steve R. Cockwell, President & CEO - Lazarus Engineering Corporation
>v: (613) 226-6116  f: (613) 226-3119  mailto:stevec@lazarus.ca
>The Lazarus WEB Site:  http://www.lazarus.ca
>
>* Corrado-l Sponsor: http://www.lazarus.ca CCA:
>http://www.corrado-club.com *

- --Delle B.

* G  E  E  *  T  E  E  *  E  Y  E  *  V  E  E  *  A  R  E  *  S  I  X *

    Rodelle B. Butay                    1996 Candy White/Black Cloth
    mailto:rodelle@hawaii.edu           GTI-VR6 Club Member No. 671
    University of Hawaii COE            That's GTI on your pager ;-)

* G  E  E  *  T  E  E  *  E  Y  E  *  V  E  E  *  A  R  E  *  S  I  X *