Re: Cs should come in like young guns and loose

Josh,
I prefer Hunter over Walter but I'm not as big a fan of him as you are, I
believe. I am interested in your opinion on the following. I have been noticing,
and saw it a few times tonight, that Hunter doesn't put any effort into
screens, something we really need him for and he should excel at. He also seems to
be demanding the ball in the post when, quite frankly, he hasn't earned it yet.
At times, he should be vacating the post and be more adapt to come up to set
the high screen but doesn't seem to be on board to Ricky's role as primary
scorer. I like Brandon but he doesn't know his role. Yes, the coach has yanked
him around and hasn't helped matters. But still is a rookie and needs to grab
his lunchpail. What is your opinion? (Not to mention his propensity to attempt
to slam the ball and miss when a little bank shot will go down easier.)

Also, I am getting fed up with Jiri and Tommy has been picking up on it. I
believe Jiri needs to understand his role is a spot up shooter like Peja. I
think Chucky was talking about him when saying guys are dribbling when they should
be passing. But he also just can't take guys off the dribble in the half
court and he is constantly getting tied up or the ball slapped away. Know your
role, Jiri. Let the offense, Chucky and Banks create or let the doubles come to
PP and Ricky and you just wait for the pass and drain the jumper. Jiri is also
essentially a rookie so I will also give him some slack. But for a guy who
seemingly had good fundamentals, he should already know this....

DJessen33

<< The thing is, we don't have the manpower to beat Indiana
 in a series, but if we were playing at our best, under a real
 coach, even the current squad could cause some damage
 to Indy.  None of the Indy guards can keep up with Banks;
 Artest can't cover both Paul and Ricky; and Hunter and
 Perkins could foul O'Neal a dozen times, and maybe even
 get us some rebounds in the process.  But that won't happen.
 I wonder if I can even watch Carroll lead the men into the
 the Big Muddy.

 josh >>