Fwd: Re: concerns

R Howe <regmanw6@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:57:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: R Howe
Subject: Re: concerns
To: Dan Forant

I think McCarty had some value before he started getting all the recent PF playing time under CarrObie. His recent PT has been too much of a good thing as far as enhancing his value is concerned. His strengths has been his versatility, athleticism, can play some PF/C in a pinch, shoots fairly well from the outside when left alone. Can keep up with quicker players on Defense (remember him guarding Iverson during playoffs?). But problem is he is a role player not a starter and is being exposed as such by CarrObie's use of him, thus driving what value he had (above and smallish contract) down. All this said, and for all my rants for CarrObie playing him when he should be, IMHO, playing combos of Mihm, Hunter, Jones and Perkins, I think he is not a bad player to have around going forward (God please dont strike me dead), he is a veteran and can be a good 9-12 player off the bench that can contribute and not hurt you in such a limited role.

Go Celts!

Dan Forant <dforant1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, is McCarty salvageable?? I remember him being signed and an uproar on
the list. Certainly can't believe all in print. Can't see much League
interest in him.

DanF