Hope and heart.

	It seems like so long ago, but remember when the Celtics lost about 15
games in a row and had lost all hope and heart?
	Out of desperation and with an eye towards the higher lottery spots,
Carroll inserted one Brandon Hunter into the lineup.
	What happened? Almost immediately the team found some toughness and
their rebounding efforts went up considerably. It was not only Hunter,
but Marc Blount started to pull down rebounds as well. Up to that point
he had to be one of the least productive rebounding centers in the
league.
	Now that the Celtics have become playoff contenders again, what
happened? Did Carroll forget what got him there? Was there some
pressure from some unknown source to play McCarty at the four and
forget Brandon?
	Can one really say that Hunter's  game deteriorated, or that one poor
night against Minnesota, with match up problems for any power forward,
should have shelved him for the rest of the season?
	Look at the numbers today. Not only did McCarty have only one rebound
in 33 minutes, but Blount had only 5 in 42. that's totally unacceptable
for a starting center and power forward in the same game.
	Not only was Hunter giving us a toughness that brought back some team
pride at a point when we wondered if it could ever be rejuvinated, he
was giving us enough on the offensive end to be a concern for the
opponents. He passes well and he surely can finish near the basket.
	This a truly "revolting development."
	JB
Unchain My Heart!

Ps.
	Did Pierce forget to guard his man again today? I noticed that Gilbert
Arenas had 32 points on 10-15 shooting. 6-9 from the three point arc.
	Who was guarding Hughes who went for 31? Not Jiri; "one of the best
defenders in the league," was it?
	Defense and rebounding win games, especially in the playoffs.
Toughness and attitude come from the hard work necessary to accomplish
those goals. Unless Coach Carroll learns this (which his predecessor
knew only too well) we will go "0" for the rest of the season and the
Carroll reign will end as it began.