Warrior game

I like it when directly after I say I'm frustrated because Banks doesn't seem
to be learning, he has his best game and shows he is learning by pulling up
for a couple of nice bankers inside of trying to take it all the way to rim.....

So we saw a repeat performance of Chucky getting torched by a experienced,
but not speedy, lefty point guard on the pick and roll in Avery Johnson. Last
guy that that had happened so blatantly was with Kenny Anderson in the playoffs
when Chucky was with the Pistons and Kenny was with us. That is Chucky's
achilles heel. This has also happened in other games this season, however, not as
blatant. That gives opposing teams two and one half areas to exploit against
us. You can exploit Chucky and Walter anytime. And Blount half of the time if
you got a decent sized big man.....

The biggest surprise of the night was when Carroll pulled out Banks so early
in the fourth when he was doing a much better job on AJ and sparked a 10-0
run. Glad to see the Herald pick up on that. AJ killed Chucky the rest of the
game and we almost lose. This was an error by Carroll but we escaped with the win
anyways....

On the Hunter front, you have to see how teams are backing way off of him and
clogging up the lane. Those were two serious bricks that Hunter put up from
the free throw line. I don't know, guys. Hunter has to improve his shooting to
be a legitimate player. That may never happen. He has shown he can play the D
and rebound. But he won't stay on the court if he can't shoot a 10-footer and
can't make any free throws. I would rather use Hunter as trade bait and let
someone else teach him how to shoot. We still need to give him decent minutes
instead of Walter against the upcoming Wizards because of their strength inside,
however.....

Mihm isn't looking that good lately, though getting limited minutes. He has
seemed to have regressed from his earlier play. I think his head is screwed up.
We read in the papers today that Mihm refused to play garbage time against
the Spurs after he had Mihminal time and it was obvious to all we needed some
strength at the power forward spot that night. I think Mihm has the goods and we
will see a lot of him next year with a different coach and system. Hold on,
Chris, until next year....

Orlando has openly speculated trading down with Utah, Atlanta and the Cs. I
believe Utah has NY's pick, Houston's pick and their own. That would mean 16,
20 and 21 versus  15, 23 and 24. I think Atlanta has their own plus Milwaukee
(5 and 18).I think it is likely that we move ahead of the Knicks and the Knicks
could even fall out of the playoffs. So I think think Utah will have more to
offer Orlando or the Bobcats. But if things were to stay where they are right
now, I think Orlando/Bobcats would prefer getting that earlier 15 pick of the
Cs. Or maybe Atlanta would give up their five to end up with 15, 18, 23 and
24. That would give the Hawks a chance to really restock with a bunch of young,
cheap, high school players and bring in Doc Rivers to teach them slowly....

People seem to really downgrading the top end of the draft. Since they are so
young and there is no Lebron or Carmelo's in the draft, you may just be only
slightly better off at the top five versus 12-18. Since we are talking high
school  players, we all have seen the mixed success of the Parade All-Americans
so it is a crapshoot.

The stuff you hear about Howard and Smith is intriguing. But the guy
(although only one of the only guys I have seen in the projected top 10 other than
Okafor and Gordan) that I want is Pavel Podkolzine. If you truly want to vie for
a championship year in and year out, you need the giant in the middle. Danny
knows this. NBAdraft.net presently has him at 8. That is who I am targeting.
Sure, the other guys could be great power forwards, the next Vince Carter, etc.
But to get a center with that size with agility and therefore, that potential,
you got to go for it.....

When a team goes smallball and spreads the floor like GS did and since
Carroll has given up on playing big with Hunter or Mihm at the power forward, I
would have like to see Jiri in there instead of Walter, like they did at the end
of the game. I know Danny would have tried it. He had a bunch of small ball
lineups when he was coaching the Suns. I think Jiri can do everything and more
than Walter does, against big or small teams....

DJessen33