From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Berry, Mark S
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 7:41 AM
To: Celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Devin Harris and Zydrunas Ilgauskas

On a couple of recent Ray posts:

The Celts love Devin Harris ... I like him, too. Someone compared him to
Gilbert Arenas and I think that's a pretty good comparison. He's
definitely an offensive-minded point guard, but the key is he's a point
guard. He plays point guard for Wisconsin. He's not a shooting guard who
would be switched to point guard (hello, Ben Gordon).

Is he my ideal Celtic point guard? No. But I think he'll be a good NBA
player. He has a lot of "stuff." He can shoot, but he also can get to
the rim, has a great mid-range game, knows how to use the glass, and he
sees the floor. I like him. He's not Jason Kidd, but those guys don't
come along that often. I think he's a better player than Marcus Banks.

On another draft note ... does anyone know if the Hoop Summit game will
be broadcast this weekend?

Zydrunas Ilgauskas ... No thanks. Not if it means parting with Kendrick
Perkins. You don't trade a young center with Kendrick's upside for an
aging, seriously injury-prone former all-star who is a shadow of the
player he once was. Ilgauskas was a great player before the injuries.
Now he's a good player. Nothing more. Stay away.

This and that:

... Danny tells Tommy he wants to see more of Marcus, Mihm and Hunter
and the same night Walter gets 46 minutes. Then, when Carroll sees
that's crazy, he plays Jumaine Jones instead of Hunter. Carroll knows
he's out of here, so he's not paying a lick of attention to anything
Ainge says. I don't really think it makes much of a difference at this
point (the ship has sailed), but it has to make Ainge simmer when
Carroll pulls this stuff.

... Danny talking about all the point guards in this draft. I don't
think he's sold on Banks either. Good. He shouldn't be.

... Did anyone have any thoughts on Okafor's performance Saturday? He
took over that game with four or five blocks in the first 10 minutes.
Just changed the way it was going to be played. Dwight Howard may be
great, but if he went to college and stuck around for three years,
wouldn't any coach in America be THRILLED if he turned out to be as good
as Emeka Okafor? How much better than Okafor could he be? And with
Okafor, you know you're getting a strong work ethic, a leader and a
team-first guy. If I were a GM with the top pick, I wouldn't think
twice. No way I'd take Howard over Okafor. No way.

Mark