good game

Fun to watch rare laugher against an undermanned Philly team.

Some thoughts:

I am still waiting to see Davis and Pierce compliment each other on the floor. its a small thing at this point, It seems both need the ball as a first/second option to be effective and not dissapear. Davis thrives in the open court and short pull-up, very good when the tempo changes. Pierce more in the half court, rebounding and hustle D. But when both on the court together it seems Davis does not assert himself as much as he should, for his reputation and team chemistry thing I guess its good that he does defer to Pierce but still when both are on the floor with Atkins I would like it to be Atkins and other teams Defense that dictates who the offense runs thru not the fact that a person has to get the most touches or something like that.

I focussed on Mihm a little last nite and noticed he got back to boxing out like he did when he first arrived. It did not produce the results it could have in the first half when he was paired with Jones down low. The Cs did not send Jiri or small forward for Defensive rebounds at that point and though Mihm boxed his man out and cleared space no-one came in and cleared the boards. Goes with my theme that Carrol rarely uses two low post big guys in the game at the same time.

Just loved the Jiri coast to coast slam. This long rest between games seems to be helping him get his legs back. Love to watch him play. I like the Davis/Jiri combo.

Jones got robbed in a rebound putback jam attempt. He looks to be a solid SF if he ever gets a role and regular minutes.

Blount, his same solid outing, Hunter needs more minutes, along with Mihm (to form front court rotation). Perkins is going to be a stud if his head is into working to become a starter next year. He along with a healthy Lafrentz give Ainge options in figuring what to do with Blount in the off-season.

Banks may not know how to run a half court offense yet but when he just goes out and husltles and harrasses on defense and turns on the jets the C's score in bunches. When he is slowed down to a half court set.... well that is when he gets in trouble. Atkins a solid outing.

Notice I did not say much about Pierce? I didnt have to. He played a solid game and is clearly our greatest player, but the team around him is not too bad either if used right, and a few pieces get added or changed during off-season. I think we will make the playoffs based on what other teams are doing. Prefer a 8-9 pick over making it this year because of CarrObie front court rotation. and using people who most likely not play going into next year (Waltah, possibly Blount). If we make playoffs it would be nice to see how some of the rookies would fare in some short minutes.